Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good Morning

Hanging in there.  Not really losing any more weight.  Kinda nervous and freakin out a bit.  Did my pre op blood draw and U/A on Monday.  Gave up 7 vials for 17 tests.  My Iron came back a bit low but no word on anything else off.    I am having a hard time focusing now.  I have a hard time making decisions, or should I say, justifying my decisions. How do you know for certain you are doing the best thing for yourself?  My pre surgical exam with my doctor and nurse are on June 20 and surgery is confirmed for June 29.

Even though I haven't lost more weight, I've maintained the initial loss.  I don't really feel the difference.  I do feel my clothes getting baggy.  I've switched out from 18W to some of my 14W pants and gone from 3x to 2x and 1x.  I can fit some XL things at Macys.  I bought 2 bermuda shorts from the womens department that are regular 14s.  Just have to find the ones with cotton and spandex mix.  When the scale actually reads a number that starts with a 1XX then I'll know I have made noticeable progress.

A huge great thing happening is that I have been able to stay off any prednisone and hopefully will until surgery day which will be 100 days free.

Coaching is going well.  We had our first paddling regatta this past Sunday.  We are off to a good start.

Will update more soon.  Hope all  great with you, Aloha, Dani

This is a Tiare Gardenia lei I made for my friend's daughter's graduation from high school.


It is a very unusual flower to make a lei with.   It is the official flower of Tahiti.  I was surprised to find enough flowers to make this.  First time I have made one, my favorite flowers!
Kailey is the beautiful blonde in the center left side.

This is what graduations in Hawaii look like.

You are lucky if you can still breathe!  I love it!


2 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of all the leis at the graduation! Now I REALLY wish I'd gone to school in Hawaii! Your gardenia lei is really pretty. :)

    Glad things are moving along for you - I guess you'll feel more secure about your decision after June 20th? It's always easy to second-guess yourself, especially with such a big thing like surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every celebration in Hawaii usually warrants lei. I love it. Smells so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete