Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hey........


Hello - things aren't going as good as I'd like in lots of ways.  Trying to keep my chin up.  Haven't really got into my weight loss groove since the pred.  Then, got into a, what I now know as productive burping, run meaning it is a nice way of saying after eating my food just goes into my throat and feels like the worst heartburn then wants to come up.  If I keep it down it continues to burn, if I get red of it with a pb all is well.  Gross.  This went on for 3 to 4 days last week and scared the crap out of me.  Went on the lap land forum and found out what is it really called and that it is from not chewing enough, slow enough and small enough.  Not uncommon and very unwanted for me.  Seem to have got that under some control.  No bread, bread anything.  Wheezing again and been home for 2 days - the weather is the cause here.  Trying not to need another dose of pred.  Made an appointment with my psychologist asap which isn't soon enough, haven't been going on a regular basis and I think all this surgery and life changes are unraveling me a bit to be on my own.  Think positive Dani and this shall pass.  It isn't as big of a think as I can imagine it to be.  Last long coastal canoe race this weekend then in two weeks we race across the Molokai channel.  Involves some stress for me too - bit I like it.  Sorry gang - I just had to vent.  I don't really want most people to know I am having a hard time right now and here I feel secure venting a bit.



These are some of my self motivating quotes I have been collecting to help myself get on with life and be happy.

2 comments:

  1. You've been through a lot of changes in the past few months - it's only natural to need some help and guidance. I like your positive affirmations and I do hope that you will be really feeling them again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - its a bit better. Coaching the Koa canoe crew tomorrow - very special privilege. Will post pictures. We race 30+ miles takes about 5 1/2 hours.

    ReplyDelete