Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Can't make up my mind

Sick again - starting a short dose of prednisone and antibiotics today.  Still not totally convinced I should get surgery.  I am contemplating doing it on my own.  My biggest fear is not losing it so such as keeping it off.  I have lost 50 to 60 lbs 2x before and eventually gained weight back and now am max'd out.  I read all these blogs with wonderful people doing it on their own with no surgery and I want that too.  According to my primary doctor there isn't a medical reason why I can not do it on my own.  I talk myself out of it and keep eating.  I just want to get on with my life in a healthier body.  I want to be able to paddle across the channel again and surf.  Thank you to all of you who are so inspiring and brave.  

My new blog friend - I see you are enjoying Maui!  Good for you.  Just be careful.  I think I saw some rode rash.  Suck up all the sunshine you can.

Aloha, Dani

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dani,

    Maui was wonderful, and even the day that it was a heavy misting rain was still good, because, hey - we were in MAUI! Loved it when an offshore storm brought the big waves - we drove to the north shore and watched the surfers tackle them...amazing. The road rash? I picked sand out of my palm for days, lol. Only I could fall like that. It's just such a gorgeous place, I wish we could live there.

    I hope, whatever direction you choose, you have much success with weight loss - either way, surgery or not, you have to change the way you eat. Pretty major thing to do, I know, but it CAN be done. Hang in there, my friend!

    ReplyDelete