Today will be day one of my blog. I am committed to changing my life for the better and enjoy reading others inspirational blogs and thought this will be a unique way of celebrating my journey. I am 43 yrs old. I have had severe, chronic asthma since I was about 5 years old. I have been on medication for most of my life. I am currently working on getting my health back in shape after gaining about 100 lbs from chronic use of predinsone and other asthma drugs over the last 5 years. Prednisone is a nasty drug but is used when all else fails to control asthma, so you take it and live with the side effects or die. I am doing better than I was a year ago. I am being treated for my asthma with various medications along with Xolair injections monthly. I also take thyroid meds, antidepressants and allergy meds. I have IBS (possibly from all the medications over the years), and take the antidepressants and twice daily Imodium to treat it. I have streamlined out as many meds as possible for the time being. I haven't always been over weight but have bounced up and down. My highest weight was last 230lbs at 5'2". I am 217lbs today. I have remained over 175lbs for 5 years now. My ideal weight is 120lbs.
I live in paradise, surrounded by beautiful people. It can be a bit unnerving. I have come to terms with the fact that I will not 'get my old body back'. I would like an improved one though. I love sewing and designing clothes, paddling Hawaiian canoes, animals and taking pictures. I attended Fashion Technology school here and used 'Inventing Tiare' as my self project name...so now I am Reinventing Tiare.
Will post more later, mahalo for stopping by, D