Friday, February 3, 2012

Stop thinking about it and do it already!

Ok - time to get a grip and get back in the game.  Got thrown off track losing my job back in October and have been having a sort of pity party ever since.  I've been contemplating my come back with no actions.  My asthma is still a major issue.  I have managed to gain some weight back on.  Yesterday was the final push off....talked to our  new 2012 head coach for our canoe club.  He hadn't even put me on staff to help out.  Very disappointing and annoying.  One thing good that did come out of our conversation was that I believe he feels I'd be more of an asset to the club as a paddler.  Easy for him to say.  So it was a compliment being I am a life timer at the sport.  I haven't been in 'game' shape for a good 5 years though.  This scares me.  He wants me to either paddle or coach but not both.  I had planned on being in shape this season last October after coming off of coaching and seeing how awesome our ladies did in Molokai but I haven't made the personal progress I had hope for since.  Well, I guess that is about to change.  I am choosing to paddle.  I am choosing to not take not coaching as a personal insult.  I will take the fact that I am needed as a paddler and go with it.  I have a huge journey ahead.  Wish me  luck!

So today is day one.....Went through all my dietary and exercise handouts from my bariatric surgery and organized them.  Changed my clothes, hopped on my thread mill for 20 minutes.  Huffed and puffed.  Feel like my chest is really tight with asthma but I survived.  Drinking some water.  Going to start out with 3 days of protein shakes like my pre surgical protocol and go into clean  eating from there.

This weeks goal is to go on the thread mill for 20 minutes 5x days.  Start stretching and getting some meditation in.  Get my diet in control.  I want to be successful at this so I want to take this slowly so I  don't try too much too soon and end up frustrated and disappointed in myself.  I am also committing to blogging my journey to keep myself accountable.  

Starting weight this morning on my home scale is 186.6 lbs, 42.5% fat.

OK!  I'm excited!  I CAN DO THIS!


No comments:

Post a Comment